Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Banksy and Fairey

Currently, I have been under street art's spell. I really admired Shepard Fairey's work, especially right down the block from school and my one long sleeved grey Obey shirt is my favorite shirt to date, next to my first Free People blouse. And, I have heard of Banksy, from friends, school and random blogs. Recently, I saw "Exit Through the Gift Shop" directed by Banksy that follows a  French videographer turned cliche millionaire, Thierry Guetta who filmed famous street artists Space Invader (his cousin), Shepard Fairey (of Obey) and the mysterious Banksy. Fairey introduced Guetta to Banksy, for he was dying to meet him. Banksy let Guetta tag a long on his art expeditions and they became friends. Towards the end of the film, Guetta describes his executive decision to be a street artist. I'm not going to give all the details, because you need to view it. 
Banksy's Work




Shepard Fairey's Work



These guys are awesome, and if you look around there's probably art around your city by them. 
Buy "Exit Through the Gift Shop" here.
Banksy's Blog here
Shepard Fairey/Obey Propaganda here.
Space Invader here.



No comments:

Post a Comment