Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

The 2010 Grammys: Fashion Hall Of Fame...and Hall Of Shame

I usually am not a fan of the Grammys, but I've become quite the music buff within the last two years. I like pretty much every kind of music, except that screamo/Marilyn Manson stuff, but anyways.... My favorite performances had to be:
1. Beyonce. She was plain AMAZING. She always puts on a show. & Drake/Eminem/Lil Wayne/Travis Barker. It's a tie. They're all some of my favorites! I loved how Quentin Tarantino presented them.
2. The Zac Brown Band. Country music always gets downplayed... this proved how good country can be!
3. The Black Eyed Peas. I loved the high energy! And they're back up dancers... Fergie was FIERCE!
4. Pink. She continues to amaze me with those acrobatic things.
5. Michael Jackson's Tribute. Amazing. Earth Song is incredible. Read Nicole Richie's Twitter. Her godfather and father are musical heroes.
6. Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli for Haiti. Soooo Powerful! What a duo. I want to know when the album's coming out!
7. Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks. It wasn't that good, but I think Stevie Nicks is incredible and Taylor always seems genuinely excited when she wins. She's come a long way. But she should have sang another song other than "You Belong With Me".
8. The Elton John half of the Gaga/Elton performance. Can't stand Lady Gaga.

Here's my fashion review.... :)
(Most photo credit to: Just Jared

Hall Of Fame

Beyonce
Wearing Stephane Rolland. This is something only B can pull off with her curves. You go Beyonce!



Looking crafty... I like it. 



You're all thinking it, but I'm saying it: SEXY.

Lea Michele
Wearing a Romona Keveza number, the Glee star is really working the red carpet. 

Taylor Swift
I love Taylor. I wish she had boobs to fill out this dress a little bit better, but Taylor works the sparkles on this Kaufman Franco dress.

Carrie Underwood

Carrie was looking fabulous wearing a Georges Chakra gown. I'm not sure about the cross strap around her shoulder, but I do like the piece in general. 

Miley Cyrus

Miley got herself in here because she has a decent amount of clothing on and she looks good. Go Miley! Covering up is what it's all about!

Mary J. Blige

Mary J. Blige!! Wow! She's looking stunning for her age in this Gucci number! 

Jennifer Hudson

Jennifer always knows how to work her curves. She was looking glamorous last night. I love you, Jen! She was wearing Victoria Beckham... I like!

Heidi Klum

Heidi is beautiful. I love her body in this dress, she fills it out perfectly. 

In all: Almost everyone looked pretty good, but there was a few people who didn't look good.

Hall Of Shame
*cue scary music*

Lady Gaga

Dear Lady Gaga....No. This wasn't even cool. You look like a fourth grader's solar system science project. Not cute, not cool, not interesting. Yellow hair is not nice. Not cool. Not interesting. 
(Gown by: Giorgio Armani Prive)

Rihanna

Ri-Ri looks like she went through a paper shredder in this Elie Saab Haute Couture gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment